10 minutes of prep and you'll have beautiful, protein-packed, low-cal pancakes.
Makes approximately 20 small (5") pancakes.
What you'll need:
- 2 cups Gluten-free oats (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 2 cups egg whites
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani. Yes, you can use flavored, but it will add a lot of sugar!)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a non-stick skillet to 350 degrees
- Process oats in a blender or food processor until they are turned into oat flour
- Mix oats, egg whites, yogurt, and vanilla in a large bowl
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to drop batter onto the skillet, flipping after the tops begin to look dry
- Voila! Beautiful pancakes.
- Enjoy! (We've been eating them with these cherries and just a drizzle of local maple syrup and they are awesome!)
Nutrition facts per pancake:
68 calories, 7 grams of carbs, 1 gram of fat, 7 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar. Wow!