These. Are. Awesome.This morning was a little crazy, but these muffins warm out of the oven really helped me have a fantastic start to my day! SO easy and so delicious. I think it took me 15 minutes total to put them together in my sleepy state--so maybe 10 minutes of prep if I'd been fully awake!
What you'll need:
- 2 1/2 cup oats (old fashioned kind, not quick cooking)
- 1 cup of low fat greek yogurt (I used plain, but vanilla or another fruit flavor (without added sugar...) would be great! Experiment.)
- 2 eggs or 2/3 cup egg whites
- 2 TBSP (8 packets) of stevia (I used packets of truvia and it was perfect) Update: since writing this post, I have stopped using stevia after learning more about its processing. I've made the muffins without and they are still delicious! A drizzle of honey on the top is great if you need a little sweetener when you eat them.
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray a 12-cup muffin tin
- (you cannot use paper liners with this type of recipe unless you're interested in eating them along with your muffin. Just don't go there.)
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the oats into a large mixing bowl and gradually add the rest of the ingredients except the optional mix-ins.
- Once your batter is smooth, add any additional mix-ins and gently mix them in using a spoon or spatula (or my latest favorite tool, the spoontula from Rachel Ray!)
- Pour batter evenly into your 12 prepare muffin cups and bake for 20-25 minutes.
PS--here are the nutrition facts per muffin, as taken from the myfitnesspal recipe tracker. Enjoy!