These were a HUGE hit at our house tonight--definitely a recipe that (now that it exists) I'm going to be making on a regular basis.
What you'll need:
- 4 bell peppers, cut in half with seeds removed (I used red, my personal favorite, but you could use any color!)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 TBSP basil
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 15 oz can pizza sauce (we love Muir Glen)
- Quinoa (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray
- In a heated skillet, toss minced garlic and onions for 1-2 minutes
- Place all of the pepper halves on the baking sheet, along the edges to help hold them up, and put them in the oven to bake while you prepare the filling.
- Add ground turkey breast to the sauteed onions and garlic and brown fully, adding seasonings and mixing as you go
- In a separate bowl, mix the pizza sauce, parmesan, and optional quinoa. I used leftover Quinoa and Cheese from a couple of nights before and it was awesome!
- Pull the peppers from the oven and fill them first with the meat mixture and second with the sauce
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Top with mozzarella and bake for another 10 minutes
- Voila! SO yummy and healthy!